Posted to rec.woodworking
The Henchman[_6_] The Henchman[_6_] is offline

Default Floor to ceiling, wall to wall bookcase advice....

"The Henchman" wrote in message

Tight budget, and I'm a novice diy'er.

-----

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I really wanted to avoid MDF but my
wife's family were fanatical about me using it so I had to investigate why.
thanks for the firepower. I work for a fastener and cutting tools company
so I appreciate the concerns raised on fastening.

I invested $25 into Taunton's Built-Ins book for some ideas and and standard
sizes to consider.

Still not decided on lumber or plywood but Birch is very paintable and Maple
is very stainable correct? Lumber would be popular right? Do all of these
have to be finely sanded before primer?