Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Outlets with wall switches

Jo wrote:
One of the outlets in my bedroom has the top outlet connected to a
wall switch and the bottom outlet is not. I noticed that some
electronic equipment (like TVs) aren't supposed to be plugged into an
outlet connected to a wall switch. Why is that? And is it ok to plug
TVs/electronics into the bottom outlet that isn't connected to a wall
switch?

Actually you SHOULD plug them into a switched outlet. They you can
REALLY shut them off. All our 'vampire' devices are always really on
even though they say off. It's a waste of power.

--
LSMFT