Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default better wire stripper and crimp pins

On Nov 22, 6:27*am, Karl Townsend

Bootlace ferrules make for a neat job.

http://cse-distributors.co.uk/cabmgmt/bootlace.htm

BINGO!

I didn't know what to call them, Digikey stocks all sorts.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...tail&name=288-....
DoN, I need another crimper. Would you bring up the data sheet on the
above item and tell me which crimper to go for?

Karl

The absolutely best way to do this is to ask the terminal manufacturer
which crimpers they approve. There are many that will get you close,
some even close enough, but if you want your crimps to be truly up to
spec, you need to use the crimper that is specd by the terminal
manufacturer.

On top of that, many crimpers have adjustments, and some of the
adjustment procedures are more complicated than you might think. We
used to have a factory guy from AMP come out periodically and adjust
our hand crimpers and the die sets on the automatic machines.