Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default better wire stripper and crimp pins

Stranded wire crimp terminals are available in pin-style tips with insulated
collars, which are the same crimp sizes as the more common red/blue/yellow
crimp terminals.

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pro...px?SKU=3810857

These pin terminals can be used in DIN rail strips or most connections that
accept bare stranded or solid wire ends.
Some connecting blocks won't accept multiple pin-style wire terminals, and
if several side-by-side or random block positions are allocated for the same
electrical connection (several for ground, for example), the installer can
daisychain several connector block positions on the system side of the
connector block/DIN rail.

Standard quality crimping tools are generally acceptable for the pin-style
terminals.

Many/most electrical supplies distributors will stock the pin-style crimp
terminals, as thay're a common termination product in industrial systems.

--
WB

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
My horrible fright quality wire stripper has worn out... Its a pliers
action that clamps then brings two blades on the wire before pulling.
For stripping #22 to #28 wire, what's a good unit?

I'm in love with the D-sub crimper DoN put me on to. I used to tin the
ends of very small wire before putting in a terminal strip. Today, I
just crimped D-sub pins on. Quicker and better than tinning. But, made
me wonder, is there a crimp product made just for terminal strip
insertion?

Karl