Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default better wire stripper and crimp pins

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
news
Bootlace ferrules make for a neat job.

http://cse-distributors.co.uk/cabmgmt/bootlace.htm

BINGO!

I didn't know what to call them, Digikey stocks all sorts.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=288-1003-ND
DoN, I need another crimper. Would you bring up the data sheet on the
above item and tell me which crimper to go for?

Karl

Don'll know the ones!

My personsal preference is to use a crimper that folds the lug in on itself
length-ways rather than the ones that do square corrugated crimp (horribly
vague description!)like this:

http://vk1od.net/module/dc/bootlace.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a picture of the crimp style that I prefer. The jaws
that do it may be a bit like this:

http://techno.com.my/online/images/ken515-6200k.jpg

Make sure to fit the smallest ferrule that will just slide over the wire. If
they are a little loose sometimes twisting the wires with your fingers will
increase the diameter just enough for a snug fit.