Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default HOT WATER ON DEMAND, HEATERS

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
In 2003 when my power was out, four days. A hot shower or hot tub bath
really made life a lot more comfortable. Glad my WH wasn't reliant on
electricity for hot watewr.

Amen. I specifically opted for a pilot light unit when I got the most
recent unit just so I would be able to "rough it" if the power failed for a
long enough time. It's just like camping, but instead of lighting a fire, I
kept filling and dumping a bunch of 5 gallon containers. Kept the bedroom
toasty and that's all that mattered. I might even consider a hose next
time like you mentioned in your other post. Jackassing 5 gallon containers
was a little tiresome.

--
Bobby G.