Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default better wire stripper and crimp pins

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
My horrible fright quality wire stripper has worn out... Its a pliers
action that clamps then brings two blades on the wire before pulling.
For stripping #22 to #28 wire, what's a good unit?

I'm in love with the D-sub crimper DoN put me on to. I used to tin the
ends of very small wire before putting in a terminal strip. Today, I
just crimped D-sub pins on. Quicker and better than tinning. But, made
me wonder, is there a crimp product made just for terminal strip
insertion?

Karl

I used to strip 30ga wires for wire wrapping and found that Clauss
No-Nik wire strippers were the best thing going and the only
stripper that would do teflon insulation other than a thermal stripper.
http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_NN008.htm
They always worked and never nicked a wire. Highly recommended.
Art