Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Delta 15" Planer

There should be no vibration so to speak, noise from the exhaust port will
be considerable and especially when you turn on the dust collector. *The
noise seems to bre greater than the sum of the two units.

My dust collection noise-makers are outside, so that helps. So, I
suppose there will be no more vibration than with the 8" jointer.
That's good to hear, also.

I haven't fired-up the planer, yet, as I'm still assembling it. Some
of the China-made bolts and nuts have stripped and I'll have to find
some replacements, re-tap and/or -die, then finish assembly. The self
tapping screws, for the dust port attachment, have stripped, also.
Beyond that, I'm not impressed with the infeed-outfeed table adjusting/
leveling, either. Some kind of fine-tuning adjuster, similar to a
turn buckle mechanism, should be on this size machine. I can make do,
though.

Sonny