Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HDMI VS Componet Video

On Nov 21, 1:24*am, Ron wrote:
On Nov 21, 1:18*am, Smitty Two wrote:

In article
,

*Ron wrote:
On Nov 20, 11:51 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
Bob Villa wrote:

Does this help explain anything? "Generally, in an all digital train,
you would use a high quality (NOT
monster) HDMI interface, especially at higher resolutions, to avoid D/
A-A/D
loss. "
Simply...no!

Sure it does. Read the subject line. Jon's advice is to keep a digital
signal digital all the way through, IOW stay with HDMI. Changing digital
to analog and then analog back to digital will degrade the signal.

Bull****. You can't see the difference.

BTW, what is the model number of this Sony WEGA CRT HDTV that you own?

It's a model 69, Ron.

Non-answer, noted.- Hide quoted text -

Smitty seems to believe that any THEORETICAL advantage becomes
important, regardless of whether humans can perceive it or not. Many
audiophiles make the same leaps when purchasing analog audio cables
costing $1000 or more. Like you Ron, I've compared HDMI and component
on my 42" Sony and can't see any difference either with cable or Blue
Ray. The truth is that supposedly pure digital signal undergoes all
kinds of manipulation in the digital world that will have a bigger
impact on the resulting picture than any D/A conversion. Among those
are conversion from the original source to compressed digital,
compression by the cable/sat company to transmit it, conversion from
the incoming source to the native resolution of the display inside the
TV, etc.