Posted to uk.d-i-y
fjk61011 fjk61011 is offline

Default If consumer unit moved, cables would be too short. solution?

On Nov 21, 12:36*pm, Invisible Man wrote:
On 21/11/2010 12:23, John Rumm wrote: On 20/11/2010 19:44, fjk61011 wrote:
As I read the original post we are talking about household ring cables
rather than tails or anything else carrying particularly high currents.
These are jointed all over the place. Unless they are going to be
inaccessible surely junction boxes would suffice. Also gives a means of
disconnecting individual circuits if this is ever required.

The meter tails are fine. They will reach easily to the new location.