Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy[_3_] Rudy[_3_] is offline

Default Electric Drills & TAPCONS

wrote SNIP
Why is it that when I try to (hammer) drill a series of 6-8 holes in my
basement floor slab to use TAPCONS (for 1 1/4" concrete penetration) to
anchor a bottom plate, HALF of them will only go down about 1/2" and then
thats it.. no further. I 've even moved the bit 1"-2" side to side and
started new holes but no luck..

Am I hitting ROCKS in the concrete mix or maybe REBAR ?

Drill the hole deeper than the screw and blow out the dust with canned
air or your compressor if you have one.

I'd love to do that except as my Q above states..The drilling STOPS about
1/2" down..
THATS the problem