Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

"Ron" wrote
Barely noticeable?????

Yeah, cutting off the top of someone's head is "barely noticeable". If
you are watching ESPN and there is NO crawler at the bottom of the
screen, it's "barely noticeable".

AFA, stretch mode, I don't care what kind of TV you have, it is
stretching and distorting the picture, period

I guess a "good look" to you is short and narrow. I'd rather watch a
show in it's original format, but hey, that's just me, and a few
thousand other people that are purest.

I'd guess that you have a crappy setup. My old set was not very good,
but
my new ones are no problem at all. I don't see that big stretch in auto
mode.

Yeah, a Panasonic VIERA Plasma that is only 9 months old is a "crappy
setup".....lol

You obviously don't care about a distorted picture, and it looks fine
to you. The "stretch modes" haven't changed that much over the past
few yrs. Stretched, is stretched, and not natural, period.

Wanna argue the point, lets take it to alt.tv.tech.hdtv and see what
they have to say.

Can't argue what you can't see. Come over to my house and look, they we can
discuss. Until then you are just blowing hot air.