Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

"Higgs Boson" wrote
Somewhat alarmed about your grisly paragraph about using "stretch"
mode -- presumably on new HD TV? Costco associate said there was a
setting for making picture fit. I HOPE it doesn't do THAT!!! Any
experience out there? TIA

HB

Not to worry. You'll have a setting that will make it look good. Some have
auto features that will change the picture to 4;3. Others change it somehow
that it still looks good, fills the screen, and does not have that ugly
stretch. It may crop the top and bottom, but barely noticeable.

I hardly watch anything that is not in HD any more. I changed to cable to
DirecTv because my crappy cable company did not offer HD in five of my
favorite channels.