Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default chainsaw will not start (now, ether killed a generator)

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:43:41 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"kh fami" wrote in message
I believe in sharing fair and honest information.

In this case Dolmar is claiming the damage is from the dealer's
recommendation to use Opti 2 oil at the pouch per 1 gallon ratio,
which I believes comes out to about 70:1. Dealer says cause of
failure is due to defective air filter. I used the saw for 1 gallon
of gas. Maybe that is 10 hours. I liken that to buying a new car,
driving it 1000 miles and the engine freezes. I expect a new car,
not a new engine. Do these guys really believe I'm going to every
buy Dolmar again? Simple logic -- saw is like new, cost to repair is
$200, cost of new is $400. A $200 savings to them now is going to
result in me never buying Dolmar again, probably not going back to
this dealer for anything else, and always talking poorly about this
experience. Was it worth it?

If it was me, I'd take a lunch, and go walk on the PUBLIC sidewalk in front
of the business with a sign that says in colorful letters, CAUTION - DOLMAR
IS CRAP! You cannot block a driveway, but you can walk slowly across it so
people have a long time to read your sign. You may not enter the roadway,
or put your sign into traffic. You may not approach people and tell them
your story, but you can respond if they ask first. You cannot touch anyone
with your sign, so hold it vertical so you don't accidentally pop someone.
These are the laws, and if you stay within the law, you're good to go.

I bet you're not out there until it is time to eat your lunch. If they
don't make it right, the next day, take a friend.

I bet they make it right.

A homeless man in Miami felt ripped off by his lawyers. He found out
the name of the company or something was not a registered trademark or
copyright?

Later, the lawyers bought back the rights to use the name (S).