Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus3297 Ignoramus3297 is offline

Default Noisy small equipment fans

On 2010-11-21, wrote:
Rattling is usually bad, means the bearing is going or gone. Can also
be something stuck in the works.

OK, thanks to all. I took apart the car inverter. The fan in it is
"SP402012H", which means 40x40x20 12v fan. The fan blade inside seems to
be very freely moving about where it is mounted.

There are many replacements on digikey, including quiet, ball bearing,
etc. They all cost 11-12 bucks. Considering that I have a replacement
inverter, this makes replacement kind of questionable economically.
Since I took the thing apart anyway, I just might replace the fan for
my education.

So far I like Digikey item P12820-ND the most, as it is only 20 dB (quiet),
is ball bearing, costs $11.44 etc.

Item:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...emSeq=93316702
Pictu