Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default HDMI VS Componet Video

On Nov 20, 8:57*am, "ROANIN" wrote:
What is the difference between HDMI and Component Video. I recently bought
an HDMI cable and hooked it up from my cable box to my HD TV. It was not a
MONSTER cable as they are stupidly overpriced etc. It was just a normal one.
The results as viewed by myself and my wife was that the Component video
source from the cable box looks just as good if not better than the HDMI
feed. ( these component cables were left with my by Time Warner when they
delivered the HD DVR) Any explanations or opinions on this.

Thanks,

I would have thought a complete digital signal would have been better.
Component is analog, Hdmi is digital with sound in one cable.
Component was out before Hdmi. Somewhere in the chain something isnt
optimised for Hdmi, maybe try a different cable box.