Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

On Nov 20, 11:09*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*Ron wrote:
I posted the same article, but it didn't seem to make any difference
to some people here.

Every shred of credibility that Katzmaier guy may have had, went down
the toilet when he said it "wasn't the extra sharpness, it was the
smaller, more densely packed pixels" that accounted for the 1080 picture
quality. That is a pathetically ignorant comment for someone who's
billed as a "senior editor" at a technical rag.

Katzmaier, who is cited, didn't write the CNET article. The article
just states that Katzmaier said it and it isn't a direct quote. It's
the writer trying to convey what Katzmaier meant. Regardless, if
you read the rest of the sentences in context around that one
inaccuracy, it's clear what they meant.

I and I'm sure Ron would be happy to see any sources you have that
have done actual side by side testing of 720 vs 1080 displays, that
say they can see a noticeable difference, particularly on screens
around 32", which was size from the original question.