Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default HDMI VS Componet Video

Bob Villa wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

HDMI is a digital interface. Component video is an analog interface.
Depending on your "cable box" and television, the quality of the A/D
converters, and the quality of your cables, you may find either to
provide a better image.

Generally, in an all digital train, you would use a high quality (NOT
monster) HDMI interface, especially at higher resolutions, to avoid
D/A-A/D loss.

Drop the vernacular and explain in common terms...so he understands.
Not so you can express or impress!

I thought I did that, "Bob". Which part are you having trouble
understanding?

Jon