Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default WD-40 Question

On 11/19/2010 10:31 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
Tony Miklos wrote:
On 11/19/2010 1:04 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
Bob wrote:
Hello,

Always wondering about this, in regard to WD-40:

How can a product (claim to) be both a lubricant, and at the same
time a solvent ?

Aren't they at opposite ends of the spectra ?

Can you name one liquid lubricant which is unable to act as a
solvent? Jon

KY Jelly! Actually Astro Glide is a liquid!!!! ;-)

Those are water based lubricants. At a minimum, we know they will absorb
water, water which is undoubtedly a solvent.

Jon

Yes I thought of that but it still seemed like a good answer. ;-)