Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Delta 15" Planer

On 11/20/10 1:01 PM, Sonny wrote:
Model: 22-790X - Assembling planer onto the mobile base

The installation instructions don't state whether the mobile base is
to be attached/secured to the planer unit, with screws or other means,
OR if the planer unit simply sits within the frame of the mobile
base. There are no extra screws for attaching the unit to the mobile
base.

The unit is heavy, so it may not need to be secured to the base, but I
would like to know for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sonny - finally getting around to this installation.

I don't know what's supposed to happen according to spec, but I just
set mine on my generic mobile base and let gravity work. Seems a shame
to waste a perfectly good rolling workstation on a dedicated tool that
doesn't get used very often, like a miter say or drill, you know?

If you want, use some bolts and wing-nuts for temporary tie-down, the
stow away the planer on am out-of-the-way shelf until needed.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--