Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default Cat5e v Cat6 install is it worth the difference in price?

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:13:07 -0800 (PST), David Robinson
wrote:

I wonder if Cat6 might be even more versatile in the exotic non-IP-
related uses of Cat5? e.g.
http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp...rs&category =
=3DCAT5%20AV%20Baluns
(link is only an example - you can make this stuff yourself quite
cheaply)

Can you tell us more?

I was thinking about installing some cat? to send AV over. I figure it
would be easier to drop cat down oval conduit and attach a balun on
the end, whereas s-video, hdmi, and scart would be too thick to drop
down conduit and a nightmare to solder the plugs back on!

Where's good place to buy cat? cable from in smaller quantities. I'm
not sure I really need hundreds of metres yet.

Is there any advantage using stp?