Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric Drills & TAPCONS

On 11/19/2010 3:46 PM Dottie spake thus:

I bought a Craftsman electric drill today and went to Lowe's (next
door) for the drill bit. [...] Of course the drill came without any
drill bits -- I was going to use the ones left over from the old
drill that we used to have but I decided it will be a whole lot
easier to just go back and buy a small pouch full of drill bits and
start over. I cannot tell exactly what size the old ones are.

Tip: Don't just throw drill bits in a pouch and then have to hunt for
the right size later: treat yourself to a proper drill index, a case for
bits that holds them and identifies them so it's easy to pull the one
you want. Not expensive (I prefer the metal ones, but they're getting
hard to find--everything's cheap plastic these days).