Kevin Craig

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

In article rs.com,
gabriel wrote:

SteveC1280 wrote:

I was in Europe last week and met with people of several
nationalities, including the UK. I was struck with the impression
that the people were completely mis-informed and had no access to, or
didn't care about the truth. Now I know why.

That's of course assuming that _you_ are informed and know the truth (The
USA has CNN, right?!?!? :-) )... Your attitude is typical of why
foreigners hate Americans.

I do not mean to put you down, but how can you expect people in other
countries to know as much about life in the USA as you? How can you be
sure you are in the know and the others are not?

Most importantly, why should a foreigner care more about the USA than
Americans? It's always puzzling to see that many, many American people
act as of the world is there to serve us, and of course, we complain when
they fail us? *sigh*

Funny. The reason that you give for "foreigners hat(ing) Americans" is
that stereotypical Americans display a lack of knowledge about other
cultures, and then you use foreign lack of knowledge about American
culture to justify foreign hatred of us.

Eh?

Kevin