Renata

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

Sweetie, I don't need the rich's money, whether they're evil or not
(though, hey, if someone's handing out spare bags of cash, count me
in).

But, we can't afford to be giving money to the rich, a token pfenning
to the rest (so a claim can be made that all share in the tax cut),
while increasing spending out the wazoo and shelling out big bucks for
a couple of foreign skirmishes.

Notice that all the states are doing all kinds of "fund raising" (like
increasing state income tax, adding all kinds of fees, etc.) to make
up for shortfalls, and these burdens have much more impact on the
normal everyday worker, who's enjoying his 100 tax cut and shelling
out a few hundred back to the states and localities.

Renata
On 20 Jan 2004 13:28:24 -0800, (David Hall)
wrote:

Renata wrote in message . ..
The question is, can anyone disagree with these facts?

--snip--
I wouldn't try to dispute the stats given, because they certainly seem
OK to me. I will dispute how they are contrived to try to give weight
to your viewpoint that the evil rich aren't giving you enough of their
money.

Renata

Dave Hall

smart, not dumb for email