Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default hot water heat leak

Karl Townsend wrote:

I've got a pin hole leak in a copper pipe on my hot water heat sytem.

Murphy is my partner. So, of course, the leak is right where the pipe
goes through the floor and you can't get at it. A proper repair is
going to mean removing the radiator above, cutting out a whole section
of pipe and replacing.

To avoid this job, does anyone suggest some sort of goo to just apply
to the surface of the pipe? Other easy fix?

I have drained the water, tinned the outside of the leaking pipe
around the hole. Then I split a scrap of the same size pipe. Tin the
inside of that piece of copper, then sweat them together with a large
soldering iron. If I need room to work safely I will drill a couple
holes to remove a little of the floor or wall, then fill the gap with
foam insulation.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!