Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default CPC delivery charges

On 19 Nov,
Stephen wrote:

One point that no-one seems to have made yet is that if the threshold
was say £30, more people might place orders. In the last thread people
said that they slowly deleted things from their cpc baskets whilst
they shopped elsewhere. I know I have deleted various screws, cables,
junction boxes etc recently having bought them from Screwfix instead.
If free delivery happened at £30 then I might place four £30 orders;
that's £120 for cpc. As it is, I place one £60 order and get free
delivery and the other £60 gets spent at Screwfix. I still feel CPC
would get more business if they set the threshold slightly lower.

My current basket is about £30. Several items I've got on Ebay and deleted
from the basket.

At least they retain the basket so that you can add other items that are more
expensive elsewhere, as well as deleting those obtained otherwise.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply