Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Bodging a slate roof patch

In message , Mark
writes
george [dicegeorge] wrote:

On 19/11/10 16:50, Mark. wrote:
On 18/11/10 19:52, Tabby wrote:
On Nov 18, 5:50 pm, Clive wrote:
I've got a slate roof with some slates missing. It needs properly
looking at, but that may take some time. In the meantime, has anybody
got any ideas on a suitable patching technique? Ie what to patch with,
how to attach it? I think there's about one lath showing.

(I've got safe access to the roof from the outside, none from the
inside).

Genuine slates are very cheap, I cant see any point pathcing with
anything else, unless you're truly brassic. If so, patches of roofing
felt would do for a while.

For once i totally agree reclaimed slates are only £1 each from most
reclamation yards, madness to use anything else.

-

they're £2 each at Leominster.

Even at £2 it's worth it, unless you trying to patch something the size

of
Sarah Beenys muff

--
geoff