Hylourgos

Default Best way to enlarge cast iron hole in clamp?

Let me understand this: you cut a "clearance slot" down the length of
the hole with a (cutter?) torch? Or just heated it up (with a regular
welding tip) then cut it with another tool ("corrective force")? Then
cleaned up that slot by putting brazing metal in it?

Another scenario I'd imagined was you heating up the *clampscrew* on
one side and bending it until it was directionally functional.

Help me out here, I'm having a hard time imagining what you describe.

Thanks,

"patrick mitchel" wrote in message ...
Got access to a oxyacetylene torch? Had the same trouble- with some cheapie
clamps- cut a clearance slot in the offending section of the clamp, heated
to cherry red, then applying corrective force. Brazed the slot that I'd cut
to make the part a little easier to work with. Looks a bit ugly but 100%
functional. Pat