Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike[_11_] mike[_11_] is offline

Default hot water heat leak

Karl Townsend wrote:
I've got a pin hole leak in a copper pipe on my hot water heat sytem.

Murphy is my partner. So, of course, the leak is right where the pipe
goes through the floor and you can't get at it. A proper repair is
going to mean removing the radiator above, cutting out a whole section
of pipe and replacing.

To avoid this job, does anyone suggest some sort of goo to just apply
to the surface of the pipe? Other easy fix?

Karl

Might wanna be more descriptive. You didn't say joint, so one may
conclude that it's in a section of pipe.
You didn't mention damage, so one might think nobody
nicked, poked, drilled into it.
So, why is it leaking? If it's corrosion, there may be a
weak spot much bigger than the CURRENT leak.

Weigh the cost of water damage against the hassle of fixing it
right.