Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bodging a slate roof patch

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:51:44 +0000, chris French wrote:

Oh they look handy, need to replace some slates on our utility room and
old stable, think I'll give them a try. I've got some lead, but that
looks a quicker and neater option.

Sim-Fix, might not be quicker as sliding the inverted T bit between
the two lower slates can be tricky on a "tight" roof. I found the
notch in the end of the ripper the best way for shoving it up. I
think they are neater than lead and as we are very exposed having the
bottom edge fixed(*) seems like a good idea.

(*) If you get the top edge of the slate onto the top batten there
isn't much movement but still more than a properly nailed slate.

--
Cheers
Dave.