Posted to comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_3_] Tim Downie[_3_] is offline

Default ASUS laptop won't charge

"whit3rd" wrote in message ...

It can be as simple as an open fuse (but it'll be a surface-mount
soldered
in fuse). It sounds like the charging circuitry isn't doing its job.
Look for
surfacemount MOSFETs that have failed if the fuse isn't the problem
(or if the fuse, when replaced, blows again).

This is where I have to admit to a considerable amount of ignorance. What would a surface mounted fuse look like and would it be visibly blown?

Tim
(apologies for stupid quoting. Using my wife's Vista disabled laptop).