Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default One Man Saw - Red Green

-Mike-

Your answer makes it clear you have not watched the good shows on PBS.
Or your local PBS station is not funded enough to get the good programs.
Nightly Business Report, Nova, Antiques Roadshow, This Old House, Ask
This Old House, Rick Steve Travels, Globe Trek, The New Yankee Workshop,
American Woodshop, Wood Turning Workshop, Keeping Up Appearances, Are
you being Served, the Train travel shows, the food shows, the children
TV shows (sans overt ads for toys) are but a few of the great PBS
programs you will not see on Broadcast TV.

Now, I have noticed that not all PBSs are the same. In Chicago a few
years ago, I found the Good PBS programs were on an independent station.
The PBS badge station was an extended ballyhoo for Chicago.

PBS only allows the sponsor to make a 15 - 20 second pitch at he
beginning and / or end of program. I would allow a full minute, if it
meant less pledge drives.

Broadcast TV networks do not carry the variety that PBS does. So no
competing is taking place.

Mike in Ohio
snip
It should be cut altogether.
It's providing nothing that the private sector isn't.
Also, it hasn't been non-commercial in decades.
For that reason it is, in fact, competing with the private sector, which
public tax-payer dollars should never be used to do.