Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default patio door rollers

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 05:16:05 -0800 (PST), jamesgangnc
wrote:

On Nov 18, 7:34*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wndmaster wrote:
How *do i change *the rollers *on *a very heavy patiodoor.do you pull
it toward outside *orinside?????

It may not be the rollers. Often it is the track itself, being worn down,
pitted, and otherwise worn out. Snap-on, stainless, replacement tracks are
available for ten bucks or so.

Either way he needs to take the door out. If the track is bad then
the rollers are bad too.

I just fixed my sliding patio door. It started "dragging" when nearly
closed. Tried adjusting the roller on that side. Didn't help so I
removed the door. Cleaned years of pet dander that had collected under
the door (and in the rollers) . Cleaned the tracks and put new rollers
on both sides of the door. It almost slams now if I'm not careful
closing the door.

OP has advise on lifting the door panel out of the track. Remember
this is tempered glass and is heavier.