Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default microwave/oven combo

"dpb" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message

The problem could be in the interlock; there's a solenoid in the door
lock system that is _NOT_ available w/ no suggested replacement; one
would have to find something to cobble up in it's place if that were it.
I can imagine that would be in the "nonrepairable" category for a
standard-duty repairman.

Speaking of such ............ ...

Actually, on reflection, the microwave oven lock is mechanical only; the
solenoid is only for the clean cycle--it prevents unlocking until the oven
has cooled. So, the idea of it being an unavailable part wouldn't be the
problem of why the microwave was deemed unrepairable...

Well, I'll have the exact number and model of the unit in a couple of weeks.
For now, I'm just wondering about the statements sometimes that a microwave
is "unfixable." Maybe it actually is, but my experience is that sometimes
people have a can't do it attitude, and they're dead in the water before
they cast off. Others see it as a challenge, and say, "I can fix anything."

Steve