Posted to alt.home.repair
Una Una is offline

Default Advice on label remover

Andy wrote:
I found a front cover for my "dumpster special computer".

I am looking for recommendations on removing the plethora of stickers
on it without ruining the plastic finish.

Use a hair dryer to heat factory stickers. They'll peel right off.
Then use peanut butter or other solvent. I get good results using
99% or anhydrous isopropyl alcohol; that is just rubbing alcohol
without water added. You can get it at an automobile parts store
or a pharmacy. The full strength isopropyl is a staple item in my
house. It removes ball point pen scribbles from the sofa, Sharpie
permanent marker scribbles from the kitchen table, etc. Same and
more from hands and feet...

Una