Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CAUTION !! HF Multifunction Tool

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:00:08 -0500, Mike Marlow wrote:

On the more
common front, plenty of regular consumers who do indeed purchase
something for a one time use (power washer, chainsaw, tiller, etc.), use
it and then return it with vague problem descriptions, or statements
like "it just didn't seem to work right". They get their money back and
they're happy - they got the job done they needed to do, with a
convenient "tool rental" - only better because there was no rental fee.

I ran into that 20 years ago. I was talking to the manager of a sporting
goods store and he told me of all the people who bought a tent and
returned it after 2 weeks! I couldn't believe it. I've gotten a lot
more cynical since then - reality (and a 3 year part time stint at
Woodcraft) has forced me to.