Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Dobony Michael Dobony is offline

Default Epoxy Fix Question

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:41:24 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 11/17/2010 2:53 PM Michael Dobony spake thus:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:46:42 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:

So how does this lead to "frequent floods"? Which makes it all the more
doubtful that epoxy is gonna fix this problem. (I'm still confused and
wouldn't mind seeing some pictures, or getting a better explanation from
the OP of what's what here.)

Kids turn the faucet almost off and spin the faucet so that the spicate is
aimed at the sink ledge instead of in the bowl, and it flows onto the
floor.

The lead nut is the nut that holds the faucet to the sink, single hole.

We are hoping some epoxy will lock the faucet in place so that the water
will only flow into the sink bowl instead of on the side and onto the
floor.

OK, gotcha. No, epoxy ain't going to work here. Just too much force and
too problematic a gluing surface.

How hard would it be to just replace the faucets altogether? That sounds
like what's needed here.

Replace faucets and sinks. Like I said, no room to get a saw blade on the
nuts to cut them off.