Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CAUTION !! HF Multifunction Tool

On Nov 16, 8:00*am, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

.... SNIPPAGE of good stuff...

*It's amazing
how many people spend $30,000 or more a year in a store... *Home Depot (and
Lowes and Wal-Mart, and...) really need to improve their accounting systems.
For all of the consumers who spend all of that money in these stores, their
bottom lines ought to be much higher than they report...

I got a real laugh out of that. I have been at the commercial counter
when these idiots come to complain. It is hilarious; they threaten to
cancel their account, they threaten to call the corporate office, they
are haughty as hell and seem to think that HD will suffer without
their business.

I ask Jim when they leave how much they spend a year. He looks up the
last few months of activity on the account. Hmmm.... looks here
Robert that he is charging about $300 a month here, sometimes less.
Never more since his account limit is $350.

I wonder who they think they are kidding.

I always get ****ed off that those guys, as well as the guys that buy
and return instead of renting, and all the other shenanigans that they
put up. What the honest patrons don't seem to appreciate is how much
that drives the prices up for the paying clients.

It isn't just the merchandise policy abuse, it is all the hours it
takes to process bogus claims.

I know they don't want to lose a customer, and they strive for
satisfaction, etc., etc., but if it were me I would put the clamp down
on the whole return thing.

Robert