Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Clocks

On 11/17/2010 9:16 AM, Bill Gill wrote:
On 11/16/2010 1:02 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I just bought a WWVB Radio Controlled Clock. Anyone know how much
adding the circuitry to the cost of the clock would be? I would guess
less than 5 dollars. Probably closer to 2 dollars.

You would think all digital clock radios would come with this built
in.

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/radioclocks.cfm

I would like to be able to walk into a store and buy a radio controlled
clock radio. They are available, but I haven't been able to find
one at any of the regular suspects. For that matter there aren't
really very many wall clocks. Most of the regular suspects have
"Atomic" wall clocks, but they have digital displays, not nice big
faces with second hands. There are a few of them out there, but
not as many as I expected to have showing up when I first found out
about them.

Bill

My 'Atomic' branded analog clock (with sweep second hand) is a PITA,
eats batteries, and 2-3 times a year has an attack of the vapors and
starts resetting itself randomly, I have to force-reset it 2-3 times
before it synchs up reliably. Good thing I only paid five bucks at a
garage sale. No biggie, I have 3-4 shortwaves that can hit WWV except
when sun is high in the sky.

--
aem sends...