Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Drilling bench dog holes?

"Upscale" wrote in message
My 1-3/4" thick solid laminated maple work bench is exactly that, solid.
That means no dog holes. Anyone have experience drilling 3/4" diameter
bench dog holes that are actually vertical as they should be and not
slightly tilted? I've considered using my router except that it would
create quite a bit of dust and that's not at all desirable considering
that the bench is located in my living room.

Thanks

Plunge router? Tape it in place and put tape around any openings that duse
would escape with the exception of where you attach you Festool Vac. Use a
3/4" straight bit.