Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

On Nov 17, 2:28*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Oh, ye who are much smarter than *&&^%$) *Verizon (if one can ever
reach a "human'):

1. *I may have to break down and buy a new 32"TV -- which I hate to
do, given the small number of channels I watch out of the gazillion
available.

Am in throes of trying to understand the pros & cons of LCD vs LED.
The little research I have done on-line, e.g. http://www.ledvslcdtv.com/ as well as others, has left me more confused than
ever.

I don't want to spend "x" today if the technology is going to take a
quantum leap tomorrow.

Your thoughts on Led vs Lcd welcome.

2. *A supposedly knowledgeable friend told me that paying more for a
1080 pixels TV is justified only if images are transmitted in 1080.
Can images be transmitted either way? *Or is it a function of the
receiver? (Showing my ignorance g)

Your thoughts on 1080 vs 720 greatly appreciated.

HB

Cable and satelite are both providing lots of 1080i signals these
days. I know that direct tv has some pay per view movies at 1080p.
Blue ray is 1080p. The various game machines also have higher
resolutions but I only know that the playstsation 3 is 1080p. On a
32" it is harder to tell the difference between picture quality at 720
verses 1080. The pricing is down far enouhg now that I would consider
somthing larger.