Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default Dennis - VAT expert.

Now, its common knowledge that Dennis is a **** and frequently talks out of
his arse.

On the 14/11/10 he came out with this little gem;

"Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a third
party is also fraud.
The whole concept of VAT is that its the end user that pays. It is illegal
for a company to buy something, use it and then claim the VAT back That
means the VAT has not been paid and a fraud has taken place".

When informed that this was actually a load of old bollox, he replied on the
same day;

"You are the idiot as usual for not reading what I said but making up your
own story in your tiny mind".

So which bit of the above was correct then Dennis? Which part did I fail to
read?

"Try understanding what is said rather than thinking anyone actually cares
what you think".

Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a third
party is also fraud.

I think I understand that. I think it means "Incidentally claiming VAT back
on stuff that is not passed on to a third party is also fraud".

I understand it is complete bollox.

So, if you would like to apologise for being an idiot, I will accept the
apology.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk