BIG JOE

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

Renata wondered openly...
Can anyone dispute these? Can anyone tell us why they're so enamoured
of these tax cuts that are so extraordinarily helpful to y'all? Or is
this quite the elite group, on par with the Cabinet?

Renata

Renata, the fact of the matter is that a small percentage of the
population pays for most of the burden for all of us. It is only
natural they will see a bigger benefit from cuts. How could it be
otherwise? Also, capital gains only occur in years in which you
liquidate assets, so using a percentage of the population being below
a given level doesn't make sense. Al Gore hummed this tired tune to
defeat four years ago. Been there, done that.

Also, I noticed one "fact" that was not accurate, there may be more.
George Bush never executed anyone as Governor of Texas. The author
was either uninformed, careless, or deviant, but the Governor of Texas
has very limited involvement in capital punishment. I believe the
most he can do is instistute a stay of execution, which automatically
expires after a predetermined period of time. Therefore, the
inclusion of this statistic is clearly intellectually dishonest, as is
most of the article.

Don't be a tool, think for yourself.

Joe