Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Any ideas - Low level Shower tray waste is right on top of joist

wrestler wrote:
Any ideas - of the best way forward at the cheapest costs ??

I need a low level shower tray for my disabled wifes access.

If I notch the joist for the waste it will reduce the joist by 3 inches
thickness, which is also only 3ft from the end of the joist.

As the cubicle is glass and is of a fair old weight, I need to strength
it somehow.

Any ideas

steel braces screwed to (what's left of) joist (or under it).

Agree with that. The other point which isn't quite clear is whether you only
need to notch one joist, or several adjacent ones. You can probably be a bit
more relaxed if your joist is between two "good" ones.