Swingman

Default "safe" bookcase dimesions?

"Lily Fern" wrote in message

Am I just terribly dim? Does everybody but me know that you have to
bolt bookcases to walls, and therefore, the owner had no reason to
mention this fact to me? Would it be adequately stable if the depth
were greater, or is it a hopeless cause?

I appreciate any input you have to offer. thanks,
Lily

Don't make this into a Federal case. A simple nylon web strap, fastened to
both the wall and the top back of the bookshelf, is all you need in order to
enjoy your purchase.

If you do it properly, the resultant hole in the wall should be no more
objectionable, when you move, than one required to hang a large picture.

You owe it to any children you have to do this with ANY tall, shallow
bookshelves in any event .. it is just plain commonsense if you have, or
expect to have, children in a house at any time.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/16/04