Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any ideas - Low level Shower tray waste is right on top of joist

wrestler wrote:
Any ideas - of the best way forward at the cheapest costs ??

I need a low level shower tray for my disabled wifes access.

If I notch the joist for the waste it will reduce the joist by 3 inches thickness, which is also only 3ft from the end of the joist.

As the cubicle is glass and is of a fair old weight, I need to strength it somehow.

Any ideas

steel braces screwed to (what's left of) joist (or under it).