Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Electric Range Beeping Noise - F1 trouble code

On 11/17/2010 7:20 AM, schmidtd wrote:
Butch wrote:
Disassembled the control panel of the range - found the speaker
emitting the beeping noise - cut the wire powering it - put the range
back together and it is functioning perfectly after a week.

Seems kind of irresponsible to bypass and override (what might be)
safety controls:
http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com...ges.html#Sears
I agree it's ridiculous that it would cost hundreds to replace some
dinky little circuit board, but do you really want an out-of-control
heating element in your kitchen? I'm just sayin'.

I've shown a lot of folks how to fix the trouble lights that come
on in their automobile dashboard. Black electrical tape. 8-)

TDD