Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_17_] Andy[_17_] is offline

Default How to remove this unusual light switch?

On Nov 17, 12:32*am, Jonathan Sachs wrote:
I need to replace a broken light switch, and I can't figure out how to
remove the thing.

The switch is a "rocker" type, but the rocker covers the whole front
of the switch box. Thus there's no cover plate, and there are no
visible screws; just the rocker, and a thin black plastic bezel.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.jhsachs.com/images/LightS...ghtSwitch3.jpg

There's got to be some way to remove the rocker so that I can get at
the screws that hold the switch in the box, but I can't figure it out.

Does anyone have experience with this type of switch?

I would first turn the light on.

Then start flipping breakers until it goes off.
Leave that breaker off, and tape it for safety.

Then use a sheetrock knife and cut a small border around it.
You may find some mounting screws.

Have a great day,
Andy

http://intouch.org/magazine/daily-devotional