Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default microwave/oven combo

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Nov 16, 7:29 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
My DIL has a bake oven with a combo microwave. The microwave died, and the
repair guy said that the microwave couldn't be fixed. I find that hard to
believe. The unit is not that old. Are there things in a microwave that go
out that one just absolutely cannot repair? I know there's a break even
spot where the repairs cost more than a new one. She is giving us the old
unit, and I'd like to see if I can get it fixed.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

How about some further info, like make, model, age, what does and does
not work, etc. You've been on this group enough to know what we need
to know. Also, have you been to this google group to pose your
question? sci.electronics.repair. Without knowing more you cannot
get any serious advice.

reply: Yes, I know that, but the unit is 200 miles away right now. I was
just asking about the concept of whether or not a microwave can be so dead
that it cannot be repaired, no matter the cost. Of course if it is cost
prohibitive, then that's a deal breaker. I have heard of mw's that couldn't
be fixed. Maybe sealed parts. Out of production. Whatever. I had one
that my property manager said was toast, so we put it in storage and put
another in the vacation rental. The next manager saw it, and asked about
it, checked it out, and changed a fuse, and it came back to life.

I may be going to Vegas Thursday, if not, not until after Thanksgiving, WHEN
I'M GOING TO GET ALL THE PERTINENT INFORMATION on it.

Steve