Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Shure M105E phono cartridge

Rewinding the cartridge coil(s) with wire saved from old, disassembled tape
recorder heads.

--
Cheers,
WB

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 11/16/2010 2:41 PM Tim Schwartz spake thus:

I've got a customer's turntable here with a Shure M105E p-mount
cartridge in it. The stylus is fine, but the cartridge itself has an
open winding. I've seen this in Audio Technica and Grado cartridges over
the years, but never before in a Shure. Any chance you've got a good
body without a stylus you'd part with? (In the USA preferred. I'll
gladly pay shipping.)

Cue N. Cook with nonsense about opening up cartridge and repairing open
winding ... or at least endless speculation about *why* it failed ...